Wish You Had More Customer Email Addresses?
Do You Wish You Had More Customer Email Addresses?
It’s no secret that email has taken the marketing world by storm as one of the most efficient ways to reach customers. Older marketing tools like the yellow phone books have faded as electronic technologies have grown. When was the last time you used a phone book for anything other than a booster seat or step stool?
If you are not already collecting customer email addresses, NOW is the time to start. Smartphones and tablet devices give consumers the capability to check emails from any location at any time. That opens up many marketing opportunities for businesses like yours — if you have a good quality database of customer email addresses. That’s right; email marketing is only as effective as the quantity and quality of customer email addresses in your database.
Do you wish you had more addresses to take advantage of this most effective and efficient way to promote your business to your customers? If the answer is yes, how do you go about collecting email addresses?
The quick answer is that it’s as easy as just asking customers for their email address. However, in reality we know that it can be a little more challenging than just asking. So, we’ve put together a few other creative ideas to help you to gather more email addresses. The more email addresses you have, the more customers you can market to.
Email Address = Successful Marketing
1. Email Sign-in Sheet – Utilize the email sign-in sheet that’s included in the SocialCRM welcome kit. This is an oldie but goodie. Simply place the sign-in sheet at the front register and request that all customers sign in when they arrive. For more information about email sign-in sheets, please contact your SocialCRM support agent and they will help you get started.
2. Fishbowl Contest – Encourage customers to enter a raffle drawing for a free prize by leaving their email address in a fishbowl on your front counter. Of course it doesn’t have to be an actual fishbowl, but you get the idea. The prize might be a free oil change at your shop, or you can promote a local business or coffee shop with a free gift card or prize when your customer’s entry is chosen in the drawing. Be sure the entry form includes their name, address and email address. We also suggest making a note on the entry form that the winner will be notified VIA EMAIL on specific date. This ensures the customer will leave a correct email address when submitting their entry.
3. Incentives – Encourage your employees to capture email addresses by offering up some sort of employee incentive plan for those who collect the most customer email addresses.
4. Offer Email-Only Discounts – Set up a special set of discounts that are only offered via email. Promote these at the front counter, next to your sign-in sheet or fishbowl so it’s easy for customers to provide their addresses.
- Read the Email Marketing is Still Your Best Value blog post
- Read more about the SocialCRM email marketing service
- Here’s how to locate your SocialCRM support agent