Poll: What’s Your Favorite Ford Mustang?
Poll – What’s Your Favorite Ford Mustang?
The Ford Mustang is an American icon, and has always been one of my favorite cars. I recently had a ProDemand question about a Mustang, and that got me thinking about the history of this model. So I did a little surfing on the Internet and found out some pretty cool facts about this cool American classic. As you can imagine, there’s a LOT of information about there.
Did you know:
- The Ford Mustang was first introduced at the 1964 World’s Fair in New York City.
- Mustang Fans refer to that first model as the 19641/2. The 1965 version was wildly popular, selling almost 560,000 vehicles in that year.
- The Ford Mustang ushered in the “Pony” class of vehicles by turning mundane models (such as the Ford Falcon) into sporty yet affordable cars.
- The Mustang inspired a lot of copycats including the Plymouth Barracuda, Chevrolet Camaro, and AMC Javelin.
- Ford started a Pony Car revival in 2005 by introducing the Mustang on a dedicated platform.
- The Mustang won Motor Trend Car of the Year in 1974 and 1994.
It seems that most car folks have strong feelings about the Mustang – either loving or hating some of the models throughout six generations of the Mustang’s history. So, here’s a gallery of images of the six generations (click to enlarge the images) and a poll to let you share your opinion about your favorite Mustang.
Please take a moment to vote for your favorite generation of Ford Mustang!
[advpoll id=”6″ title=”Mustang Poll” width=”270″]
With credit to Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang