Tips for Vehicle Inspections – Best of the Blogs
With the El Nino rain storms hitting us here in California, I thought it might be a good time to check up on my own vehicles. We heard about quite a few accidents that might have been avoided with a few simple vehicle inspections. The same applies to commercial vehicles.
I did a quick look through our “Did You Know” blog series and found just about everything I needed to know – great information to share here. The following blog posts written by my fellow commercial vehicle editors here at Mitchell 1 provide information on a broad range of maintenance issues for safe truck operation.
Below is roundup of the “best of the blogs” on the topic of truck maintenance:
- Julius’ “It’s Time to Winterize Your Electrical System” provides winter battery and wiring information.
- Andrew’s “How to Maximize Tire Life Expectancy” supplies information to increase tire life.
- Jake’s “Maintenance-Free Batteries Still Need TLC in Winter” provides information about Maintenance Free Battery requirements.
- Bruce’s (yours truly) “All Puffed Up” provides information about tire pressure requirements.
- Andrew’s “My DEF is frozen! What to do?” explains Diesel Exhaust Fluid freezing issues.
- Andrew’s “Stay Safe with TPM Technology” provides information about Tire Pressure Monitoring systems.
- Ken’s “Keeping Up With Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) Requirements” provides a tremendous amount of information pertaining to brake system operation and requirements.
Don’t put off making those safety checks and inspections. Tires, lights, brakes and wiper blades are just a few examples of items that may require your attention in rainy weather. Keep all systems safe, in good repair and up to date. Service and repair information for all systems that may require attention on Class 4-8 vehicles is included in TruckSeries. Drive safe and enjoy the winter season!