Mitchell 1 Offering Automotive Technology Outstanding Student Scholarship – Application Deadline 3/31/13
Mitchell 1 Offering Automotive Technology Outstanding Student Scholarship
Application Deadline 3/31/13
Mitchell 1 is an ardent supporter of academic achievement in automotive education. We are proud to work with the NACAT Education Foundation to offer our support to a deserving high school senior each year.
This annual scholarship is offered through NACAT and is presented at the annual NACAT Conference and Awards Dinner. The scholarship recognizes one high school senior for outstanding achievement in automotive technology / auto shop repair scholastics.
The scholarship applicant must be a current student majoring in automotive technology / auto shop repair course work and must meet the following criteria:
- Nomination from his/her NACAT instructor
- Minimum overall 3.0 grade point average
- Planning to attend an accredited college or university, or already enrolled in an accredited college or university, and
- A U.S. or Canadian citizen
The winning student receives a $2,500 scholarship, a check for $500 and roundtrip airfare and accommodations for the winner and a guest to attend the NACAT conference held in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada July 22-26, 2013.
Applicants are required to submit the following materials, by March 31 2013, for scholarship consideration:
- A nomination letter from their NACAT instructor (should be limited to two pages). The nominating NACAT instructor must be a member in good standing.
- A cover letter from the applicant indicating his/her career path in the automotive repair industry and thoughts about the future of the industry and the personal educational needs/desires should be typed by the scholarship applicant.
- An unofficial transcript of grades may be submitted by the student, but must be validated by the instructor submitting the nomination letter. An official transcript embossed with the school registrar’s stamp and signed by the registrar will also be accepted.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by Mitchell 1 who will select the top candidate. Each applicant will be notified before June 1, 2013.
- Click here to apply online. Deadline is March 31, 2013.
- For any questions, please contact Debi Garrett at Mitchell 1, Debi.Garrett@Mitchell1.com or 888-724-6742 ext. 6946