6 Ways to Save Time on Repairs
6 Ways to Save Time on Repairs… That You Might Not Know About
You don’t have time to waste.
In the repair business, that old familiar saying that “time is money” really is true. So it’s important to have diagnostic and repair information tools close at hand to get a quick start on the correct diagnosis and repair.
As OEMs introduce ever-changing technologies to the market, repair technologies are also evolving to keep pace. Staying current with everything can be a big challenge, especially when coupled with the need to work as efficiently as possible to stay profitable.
One of the best ways to accomplish faster, more accurate repairs is by having complete OEM data combined with real-world information from the industry, accessible together in single application. ProDemand does just that, delivering OEM procedures, TSBs and scalable wiring diagrams, along with real-world insights with each lookup.
Here are six of the newest features in ProDemand that help save time (that you might not know about):
- Real Fixes – SureTrack, the diagnostic module in ProDemand, is powered by millions of actual repair orders and feedback from an exclusive community of professional technicians that add valuable real-world insight to the diagnostic process. Real Fixes quickly give techs a full picture of the most likely vehicle issues to help them complete the repair more efficiently.
- Top 10 Repair List – With every vehicle search in ProDemand, techs get a jumpstart toward the correct diagnosis and repair with detailed information about the top 10 most common component failures, diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), symptoms and lookups for the vehicle selected.
- Quick Links – This is the fastest route to the most commonly accessed information in ProDemand: technical bulletins, common specifications and procedures, a DTC index, electrical component locations, fluid capacities, tire fitment and wiring diagrams.
- Smarter Searches – Type in a symptom, trouble code or component and ProDemand’s 1Search™ feature delivers a list of verified fixes that have resolved the same symptom for other technicians. It’s an excellent starting point to direct techs quickly to an accurate diagnosis and repair.
- ProView – Once a code or symptom is selected in ProDemand, the ProView feature provides all of the known fixed components for that code or symptom, or multiple codes and symptoms, based on real-world content. This allows technicians to quickly see the most commonly repaired components and plan a diagnosis strategy to resolve the problem.
- Mobile Friendly – ProDemand is now optimized for tablets, making it easy to retrieve the repair, diagnostic and maintenance information and Real Fixes right at the vehicle. It’s another way to improve efficiency in the busy shop environment.
Being prepared for the next tricky job is crucial to keep vehicles rolling through your bays and maximizing efficiency. Advanced vehicle technology can be a challenge, but saving time and completing accurate repairs doesn’t have to be. With the right information tools, you can find answers quickly, increase technician proficiency and improve overall shop productivity.
- Keep up with all the ProDemand Updates here