Mitchell 1 Marks 10-Year Anniversary of First Online Diagnostic and Repair Information for
All-Makes Commercial Trucks
Mitchell 1, a leading provider of repair information solutions for the motor vehicle industry, is marking the 10th anniversary of launching its online diagnostic and repair information software for commercial trucks. Over the 10 years since releasing the Tractor-Trailer.net software for Class 7-8 trucks, the company has expanded its offerings beyond repair information, to also cover diagnostic trouble code procedures and mechanical labor estimating for all makes and models of Class 4-8 trucks.
Mitchell 1 has provided repair information for commercial trucks going back to 1986, when the first Mitchell Manuals for medium and heavy trucks were published. In 2006, the company was the first to transition from publishing printed manuals to offering an online truck repair shop software solution to the aftermarket, making it quick and easy for technicians to access the vast amounts of data in the Mitchell 1 database.
“As we mark the 10-year anniversary of our software for commercial trucks, it’s amazing to reflect on the past and see how far we have come,” said Kristy LaPage, business manager for Mitchell 1’s commercial vehicle group. “We now offer a comprehensive suite of solutions covering every step of the truck repair process and continue to innovate for the future. Since the beginning, our focus has always been on helping truck repair shops work more efficiently and accurately to increase productivity and quality of repair work.”
Milestones in the 10-year history of Mitchell 1’s innovation in diagnostic and repair software for Class 4-8 trucks include:
- 2006 – Mitchell 1 introduced Tractor-Trailer.net, one of the aftermarket’s first online resources for heavy truck repair information, including full-color, scalable wiring diagrams, high resolution digital photos of components, connector views and location and specifications.
- 2009 – Medium-Truck.net was added, with online repair information for medium duty trucks.
- 2010 – RepairConnect was released, providing specific diagnostics and procedures for trouble codes.
- 2013 – TruckLabor was launched, the first comprehensive labor time estimating product for medium and heavy trucks.
- 2015 – TruckSeries was released, consolidating the content from all four truck information products into a single, modular software suite for Class 4-8 trucks.
- 2016 – Manager SE Truck Edition was launched, providing a complete shop management solution for independent truck repair facilities.
As the commercial vehicle industry increasingly relies on accurate repair information that is available 24/7, Mitchell 1 continues to develop solutions to make diagnosing and repairing any make of commercial vehicle easier and more efficient.