Mitchell 1 2019 Emission Control Application Guide Now Available
Mitchell 1 announces the release of its 2019 Emission Control Application Guide (ECAT19) for domestic and import cars, light trucks, vans (diesel engines) and Class ‘A’ motor homes with gasoline engines, model years 1966 – 2019.
“Mitchell 1’s Emission Control Application Guide has become the go-to resource for auto repair shops that do smog testing,” said Nick DiVerde, senior marketing director, Mitchell 1. “With its vehicle-specific emission system information, the guide is an excellent companion to use in combination with the online auto repair information in ProDemand® to help shops stay in compliance with state emission standards.”
Specific content features in the 2019 edition include:
- Emission application tables
- Engine displacement conversion charts
- Emission control visual inspection procedures
- Approximately 40 years of domestic and imported basic ignition timing specifications
- 1980-2018 maintenance reminder light reset procedures
- The latest EPA emission recall bulletins
- I/M areas that require ignition timing and EGR function testing
- Quick reference listing for major systems, devices and components
There’s also a standardized emission control abbreviation list for:
- 1966-2019 domestic cars, light trucks, and vans (gasoline engines)
- 1968-2019 imported cars, light trucks, and vans (gasoline engines)
- 1966-2019 medium and heavy duty domestic trucks (gasoline engines)
- Class “A” motor homes (gasoline engines)
- 1984-2019 domestic + import cars, light trucks and vans (diesel engines)
“As engine controls become more intertwined with other vehicle systems, the 2019 Mitchell 1 Emission Control Application Guide can help automotive repair shops cut through the complexity to work more efficiently,” concluded DiVerde.
To order a copy of the 2019 Emission Control Application Guide, call 888-724-6742 or purchase online.