Working with Accordions in 1Search Plus
TruckSeries truck repair information users now have access to 1Search™ Plus, a powerful new tool that revolutionizes searches within TruckSeries. To quickly provide the information needed to get the truck back on the road, 1Search Plus searches the Mitchell 1 data storehouse for the component/symptom, or trouble code entered.
Here’s a quick walk-through the search process and tips for using the accordions that link from the 1Search Plus card dashboard.
Once the search is entered, 1Search Plus returns a link to the information specific to the search:
Selecting the link opens up the card view identifying the various information types available for the component/symptom:
Selecting the “Remove & Replace” card opens up the accordions:
Note the accordions are identified as “1 of 3” through “3 of 3”. For this illustration all the accordions are collapsed. However, in actual operation the first accordion containing information will be opened when the card is selected from Figure 4.
But what are these accordions?
For the Component/System search, the accordions contain the following information:
- Information specific to the component/symptom searched.
- Information related to the sub-system of the searched component/symptom.
- Information related to the super-system of which the above sub-system of the component/symptom is a part.
Another way of looking at how the accordions organize the information would be to view it as progressively larger areas of the vehicle.
The Trouble Code search is somewhat different than the Component/System search in that the codes are selected from drop-downs in the search box:
The link to the “card view” and the “card view” operates in the same way as with the “Component/Symptom” search. However, in the “accordion view” it will be noted that an additional fourth accordion appears.
The accordions also contain different data as follows:
- Content that is contained in RepairConnect for the selected code.
- Larger content from which the RepairConnect in the first accordion was identified.
- Information about the component associated with the code.
- Information about the system of which the component associated to the code is a part.
The new 1Search Plus tool will be a terrific asset in helping the technician quickly find the information needed to get the truck back on the road.