5 Ways Auto Repair Shops Can Use SMS Text to Drive Business
Playing telephone tag can be frustrating for auto repair shops and customers alike, especially when it comes to scheduling appointments or soliciting feedback for vehicle repairs. But with modern technology, the solution today is literally in the palm of your hands. A simple text message is the perfect channel to guarantee a timely response.
According to 2022 SMS Text Messaging Statistics USA 2022, 90% of customers prefer text messages over direct phone calls, and 95% of text messages are read and responded to within 3 minutes of being received. That’s why texting has become a vital part of Mitchell 1’s SocialCRM business marketing program.
Do you need to confirm an appointment? Send a reminder for an upcoming appointment? Are you having a slow day – maybe some cancellations and need to send out a “We got a spot for you today” message (with consent)?
Texting is definitely the way to go. It’s incredibly fast and convenient, and also helps build loyalty and trust with your customers. In fact, speed of delivery and ease of use are top reasons why both shop owners and consumers prefer SMS text over a phone call.
Here are 5 ways texting can benefit auto repair shops:
- Scheduling appointments directly through your ManagerSE dashboard. The software gives you the ability to accept and add requests to your scheduler. As a business, you can send an appointment reminder, so there are fewer missed appointments.
- Sending “Thank You” messages directly to your customer quickly and effectively to ensure they know their business is appreciated, and increase the possibly of collecting their positive feedback. We don’t want to let too much time between their visit and sending a thank you.
- Enabling customers to request and re-schedule appointments via their smart phones. How important is this? Capture those new business opportunities by being flexible.
- Notifying customers that their vehicle is ready for pickup. Send out a text to expediate the pickup. It’s easy, efficient and quick.
- Obtaining approval to start work. No more waiting and downtime. Send over the estimate with the explanation, so you can start the job and order those parts.
Drive in the traffic, and keep those bays FULL! When vehicles are ready, have them picked up in a timely manner – so you’ll be ready to roll for the next customer.
Bottom line, your automotive business needs text messaging. It is one of the best tools for communication with your customers. It takes little time to send a text, and the open rate is optimal for obtain a fast response.
Want to learn more about SocialCRM?
Request a FREE DEMO!
You may also like to read more from the SocialCRM blog: