5 Tips to Stop Your Customer’s Car from Overheating
Every 365 days, our beautiful blue and green planet makes its full tilted twirl around the sun. During its travel we experience bitter cold freezes, sweltering heat waves, and everything in between. While we humans can adapt with clothes, shelter and external devices, our cars aren’t so lucky. They depend on us to maintain them in peak performance throughout the year with regular preventative maintenance.
With the summer right around the corner your customers may soon be asking you what causes a car to overheat. Here are a few tips you can share with vehicle owners to help prevent their car from overheating and keeping them safe on the road.
- Make sure to replace old coolant and keep it topped off. The radiator should always be kept topped up with coolant, especially during the summer months. Depending on the engine condition, it may even be wise to carry extra coolant on long drives.
- Check hoses and belts for cracks. If they are too cracked or appear too worn out, then they should be replaced.
- Check tires to ensure they are properly inflated. Driving with under- or over-inflated tires is always dangerous, but sweltering summer temperatures can easily increase the pressure while driving, thus increasing the chance of a blowout.
- Ensure the radiator cap is free from damage and blocks. Making sure that the cap is tight, seals properly and free from blockage helps to keep the radiator working to regulate temperature sufficiently.
- Distribute the heat if all else fails. Should your customer notice the temperature gauge creeping up and car is running hot – they should immediately turn off the air conditioner (as this puts extra strain on the engine) and instead turn on the heater! The heat will transfer away from the engine and could make the difference between the car overheating or not. If this doesn’t help, they should pull over and call an auto repair shop for assistance.
These tips for proper preventative maintenance and regular monitoring of your customers’ vehicles can help them enjoy the summer months and keep them ON the road instead of on the side of it.
Want to learn more about ProDemand?
Request a FREE DEMO!