Just Released! 2018 Mitchell 1 Emission Control Guide
As you probably already know, many states require motorists to get a smog test before they’re allowed to get their vehicle registration. California, for example, requires a vehicle to be smogged every two years. With the growing number of motorists on the road, this means there is a constant demand for smog emission test services.
Because of the dynamic nature of the automotive industry, it is important to stay up to date with the most current emission system information when those customers enter your shop. That is why we publish an annual Emission Control Application Guide (18ECAT) information. Inside you’ll find vehicle-specific emission system information for the newest vehicles on the market.
As engine controls become more complex with other vehicle systems, the new Emission Control Application Guide can help shops cut through the complexity. For repair shops that use the online repair information in ProDemand, this printed companion guide is a great resource to help stay in compliance with state emission standards.
Specific content features in the 2018 edition include:
Emission application tables
• Engine displacement conversion charts
• Emission control visual inspection procedures
• Approximately 40 years of domestic and imported basic ignition timing specifications
• 1980-2017 maintenance reminder light reset procedures
• The Latest EPA emission recall bulletins
• I/M areas that require ignition timing and EGR function testing.
• Quick reference listing for major systems, devices, and components
You’ll also find a standardized emission control abbreviation list for:
• 1966-2018 domestic cars, light trucks, and vans (gasoline engines)
• 1968-2018 imported cars, light trucks, and vans (gasoline engines)
• 1966-2018 medium and heavy duty domestic trucks (gasoline engines)
• Class “A” motorhomes (gasoline engines)
• 1984-2018 domestic + import cars, light trucks, and vans (diesel engines)
For more information or to order your copy of the 2018 Emission Control Application Guide,
call 888-724-6742 or visit www.Buymitchell1.com.