Website Mitchell 1
We are looking for a Windows/Linux System Administrator to join our team.
- San Diego (Hybrid after 90 days)
- Full-Time, Associate
- Pay-rate: $100,000/yr- $120,000/yr
In this hands-on position, you will push yourself beyond the historically defined areas of competence and must have a more holistic view of technical environments. The position is more about moving the business forward and giving it a stronger technological advantage. You will work collaboratively with software engineering and IT Operations to deploy and operate systems while automating and streamlining operations processes.
Under supervision from the Manager of IT Operations, you will provide the organization with an expert level of technical expertise as it applies to Microsoft and Linux server environments, plan and guide the technical installation, maintenance, and operation of computer Operating systems, software, and system hardware for multiple applications supporting systems of a complex nature.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
- Commercial internet product line, web application hosting, business application, infrastructure, systems integration, and disaster recovery to maintain 99.99% uptime.
- Work with the IT Operations team, plan and coordinate installation of hardware, software updates, changes, and enhancements to assure cost-effective, efficient, and continued computer services.
- Actively resolve inquiries, problems, complaints, or emergencies affecting the availability or quality of services. Respond to sensitive, complex inquiries or service complaints with a positive customer care mindset.
- Interface with third-party technical support personnel and support vendors. Stay abreast of and research information technology trends in order to remain current with information technology.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to approach problems in a flexible and creative manner.
- Strong desire to continuously improve, both yourself and the environments you support.
- Experience with automated deployment and build tools.
- Ability to work well under pressure. Able to maintain perspective when a system failure occurs, communicate status to management, and provide quick resolution.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience comprising 5 years of active professional service in a system administration role within a similar environment.
- Advanced knowledge of networks, servers, cyber security, and telecommunication systems.
- Experience in automation and scripting
- Core scripting languages with a history of task automation
- Unix Shell Procedural languages
- Unix/Linux and Windows scripting.
- Experience with clustering and blade server technologies.
- Experience with virtualization utilizing any or all of the following; Hyper-V, VMWare, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud technology, Nutanix or HCI.
- Experience with SAN and NAS.
This is a hybrid position.