Information Technology System Administrator
Website Mitchell 1
We are looking for a IT System Administrator to join our team.
- San Diego (Hybrid)
- Full-Time, Associate
- Pay-rate: $110,000/yr- $125,000/yr
In this hands-on position, you will push yourself beyond the historically defined areas of competence and must have a more holistic view of technical environments. The position is more about moving the business forward and giving it a stronger technological advantage. You will work collaboratively with software engineering and IT Operations to deploy and operate systems while automating and streamlining operations processes.
Under supervision from the Manager of IT Operations, you will provide the organization with an expert level of technical expertise as it applies to Microsoft and Linux server environments, plan and guide the technical installation, maintenance, and operation of computer Operating systems, software, and system hardware for multiple applications supporting systems of a complex nature.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
- Supporting Mitchell 1 (SaaS) commercial internet product line, web application hosting, business application, infrastructure, systems integration, and disaster recovery to maintain 99.99% uptime.
- Work with the IT Operations team, plan and coordinate installation of hardware, software updates, changes, and enhancements to assure cost-effective, efficient, and continued computer services.
- Actively resolve inquiries, problems, complaints, or emergencies affecting the availability or quality of services. Respond to sensitive, complex inquiries or service complaints with a positive customer care mindset.
- Interface with third-party technical support personnel and support vendors. Stay abreast of and research information technology trends in order to remain current with information technology.
- Experience in Microsoft IIS and Apache web servers in a commercial host environment. Experience with Jetty websockets is a plus but not required.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with automated deployment and build tools.
Required “Soft” Skills:
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to approach problems in a flexible and creative manner.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Open to listening to others’ ideas and reaching across functional borders.
- Ability to thrive and successfully work in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Quick learner with a desire to learn new tools and techniques.
- Strong desire to continuously improve, both yourself and the environments you support.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well under pressure. Able to maintain perspective when a system failure occurs, communicate status to management, and provide quick resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels within the organization.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience comprising five years of active professional service in a system administration role within a similar environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server administration, task automation, and scripting
- Experience building, configuring, and troubleshooting virtual machines in a Hyper-V or VMware environment
Additional Experience that is a plus:
- General knowledge of networks, servers, cyber security, and telecommunication systems preferred
- Unix/Linux administration and scripting preferred
- Experience with physical servers, clustering, and blade server technologies preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, AWS or Azure Cloud, Nutanix, or HCI preferred
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Vision insurance
This is a hybrid position.