Mitchell 1 has provided quality repair information solutions to the motor vehicle industry for over 100 years.
Member of the Commercial Vehicle Group diagnostic & repair information development team. Researches, develops, and edits commercial vehicle diagnostic and repair information for incorporation into Commercial Vehicle Group applications.
Assignments monitored by Coordinating Senior Editor, Senior Editor or Team Lead. Reports directly to and receives strategic direction from Coordinating Senior Editor, and receives daily tactical direction from Senior Editor. The Associate Technical Editor typically follows detailed procedures for most tasks.
- Under supervision of Coordinating Senior Editor, Senior Editor or Team Lead, uses the Mitchell Electronic Publishing System (MEPS) to research and compile diagnostic, repair and other pertinent data and verifies the technical accuracy and the consistency of information within established guidelines.
- Once fully trained, maintains established productivity standards balanced within an acceptable quality level.
- Will work in a team environment, contributing toward the achievement of organizational objectives communicated by the Coordinating Senior Editor or Senior Editor.
- Suggests improvements and/or enhancements to CVG products in response to customer input or based on knowledge of user needs.
- Maintains knowledge of related competitive products.
- Prepares and submits project status reports for each assignment as requested.
- Maintains professional and cooperative attitude within the CVG Editorial Department and with all support groups.
- Must achieve a working knowledge of current commercial vehicle applications.
- Must strive to increase knowledge related to commercial vehicles.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma required, with auto shop class(s) preferred.
- AA degree or Vo-Tech certificate, with commercial vehicle diagnostic and repair emphasis preferred, or minimum 1 year of recent hands-on commercial vehicle industry experience with an emphasis on diagnosis.
- ASE certification a plus.
- Completion of at least one college level English writing course or equivalent.
- Sufficient commercial vehicle knowledge to determine information relevant to writing diagnostic and repair procedures.
- Knowledge of latest commercial vehicle systems, diagnosis and repair procedures.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess ability to prioritize and organize.
- Proficiency with PC and Standard Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Office environment.
- Overtime as required by business needs (including Saturdays).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com