Associate Automotive Technical Editor
Website Mitchell 1
As a member of the Editorial diagnostic & repair information development team. Researches, develops, and edits vehicle diagnostic and repair information for incorporation into Mitchell 1 applications. Mitchell1 is the industry leader in automotive repair information. We strongly recommend automotive technicians and mechanics looking for a career change.
1. Under supervision of Coordinating Senior Editor, Senior Editor or Team Lead, (A) uses the Mitchell Electronic Publishing System to research and compile diagnostic, repair and other pertinent data and verifies the technical accuracy and the consistency of information within established guidelines, and (B) uses the Review Console to verify data enhancement integrity.
2. Once fully trained, maintains established productivity standards balanced within an acceptable quality level.
3. Will work in a team environment, contributing toward the achievement of organizational objectives communicated by Coordinating Senior Editor or Senior Editor.
4. Prepares and submits project status reports for each assignment as requested.
- Maintains professional and cooperative attitude within the Editorial Department and with all support groups.
- Must achieve a working knowledge of current automotive and/or commercial vehicle applications.
- Must strive to increase knowledge related to on-highway vehicles.Additional Responsibilities:
Performs other duties as assigned.Experience and Educational Requirements:
1. High school diploma required. Some College preferred.
2. Automotive and/or Truck knowledge helpful. ASE certification a plus.
3. Completion of at least one college level English writing course or equivalent preferred.
4. SGML experience a plus.
5. Must possess ability to prioritize and organize.
6. Proficiency with PC and Standard Microsoft Office Suite.
7. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
1. Office environment
2. Overtime as required by business needs (possibly including Saturdays)
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V